All Shore Transit vehicles and facilities are handicap accessible and Shore Transit accepts portable oxygen, respirators and concentrators on all vehicles.
- Use fixed route transportation, when possible.
- Shore Transit accepts any wheelchair device that can be safely accommodated by our wheelchair lifts.
- Arrive at the bus or paratransit pickup point at the correct time.
- Know how to contact the transportation provider and receive route schedules/information.
- Know how to cancel a ride.
- Keep service animals under control.
- Request lap/shoulder belts and securement for your wheelchair, if desired.
- Pay the proper fare.
- For more information, please read Rules to Riding the Fixed Route Bus.
- Upon notification, Shore Transit will consider requests for reasonable modification to its existing ADA service policies and/or practices, in order to ensure accessible services. Please contact 443-260-2300 to make a request.
- If you are ADA certified and have a card from another agency, you are already eligible to use our ADA services. Residents and visitors that do not have a certified ADA card may use the service for up to 21 days in a 365 day period without obtaining certification. Please call 443-260-2300 to receive additional information on our eligibility certification process.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)